[argyllcms] Re: Printed images too cool

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 13:54:09 +0100

Am 14.02.2013 11:51, schrieb Jos van Riswick:

Maybe I will try cctiff at a later time, but how should I print the image
without Gimp?

Well, how did you print the characterization charts? The idea is to do the
conversion to printer color space manually, with cctiff, and then to print the
converted image in exactly the same way (w/o color mangement) as you did print
the characterization charts, in order to rule out workflow issues/differences.

Btw, regarding gimp, I remember that in the past old versions of the gimp print
plug-in did fiddle with the colors during printing, i.e. the DeviceRGB numbers
sent to the printer did not match the RGB numbers in gimp's working space. I
don't know, however, whether this still applies to recent versions.

Best Regards,
Gerhard