[argyllcms] Re: Printed images too cool

  • From: Jos van Riswick <josvanr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:51:58 +0100

thnx for your advice!

I was printing a photo of someone, that's what I was referring to. In the
meantime Alan Goldhammer pointed me to a test image

http://outbackprint.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi049/essay.html

Printing this one in the same way, with my own profiles, I now notice some
oddities in the saturated greens (the colored patches in the image seem to
merge together there, as opposed to the print from photoshop/windows). The
greys in the photoshop print are even slightly cooler than gimp/my own
profile!..  Having spent several days on this, I think I'll settle for
photoshop running in a virtual machine for now.

Maybe I will try cctiff at a later time, but how should I print the image
without Gimp? Or do you mean I should do the color conversion with cctiff
and the printing still with Gimp/gutenprint? When I do get around to doing
this, I will look into fwa compensation too.

One problem with using a command line utility would be that I do need to
edit in proof mode...

Jos