[argyllcms] Re: Printed images too cool

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:00:35 +1100

Jos van Riswick wrote:

Hi,

> The printed result now looks much much too blue. This holds for both normal
> and softproof viewing.

What part of the image ? ie, are neutrals too blue ?
What intent were you using ?
How fluorescent is your paper ? (CM is effectively UV filtered).

> Am I missing some temperature option or something? My monitor is
> calibrated/profiled to match my studio lamps (solux, 4700K). White on the
> monitor matches a white test chart pretty well....

To figure out what's going on, you need to remove extraneous elements
such as Gimp. What happens if you us ArgyllCMS to manage the color ?

ie. standard test image -> sRGB -> cctiff -> Epson profile -> printed on
printer using
exactly the same settings as your test chart.

If that still shows a problem, you can then pin down a particular example
(such as RGB .5 .5 .5) and run it though the color pipeline to examine and
test what's happening at each step.

If that's not the problem, then you need to investigate what Gimp is doing,
or how your test chart printing differs from printing from other programs.