[argyllcms] Printed images too cool

  • From: Jos van Riswick <josvanr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:39:36 +0100

Hi

I'm trying to get more faithful colors out of my epson stylus photo r3000.
I'm using gimp/gutenprint (5.2.9) to print. Colors printed straight with
this look too saturated and have a yellow /warm cast

 To make a profile, I use this: (scan with colormunki photo)

targen -v -d2 -f526 Epson
printtarg -v -t -iCM -pA4 Epson
chartread Epson
colprof -v -D"Epson"  -qm -S sRGB.icm -cmt -dpp Epson

xicclu -g -kz -l290 -fif -ir Epson.icc

shows a more or less linear result with blue raised a bit.

Errors:

Profile check complete, peak err = 6.873670, avg err = 1.399096, RMS =
1.723122

Then to use the color profile, I load an image in gimp and use 'convert to
profile' (to Epson.icc, perceptual intent), then print with always the same
settings.

The printed result now looks much much too blue. This holds for both normal
and softproof viewing.

Am I missing some temperature option or something? My monitor is
calibrated/profiled to match my studio lamps (solux, 4700K). White on the
monitor matches a white test chart pretty well....

Jos