[argyllcms] Re: !_Printcal don't create .AMP file.

  • From: Дмитрий Чаплыгин <1098412@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:32:19 +0300

2010/2/11 Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Дмитрий Чаплыгин wrote:
>
>> I'm using printcal command like that:
>> "printcal -v -i -x 6 75 -x 7 85 -x 5 80 -a MC_Voda"
>>

> "-x 7 85" isn't going to work. You can't have more
> than one parameter to an option. The channel letter/number
> must be adjacent to the option, just as the "usage" shows.
>
> BTW, -x 6 75 -x 7 85 -x 5 80 works well :)

> e.g.
>
> "printcal -v -i -x6 75 -x7 85 -x5 80 -a MC_Voda"
>
> The same problem. AMP file are not creating.

And _think_ the problem is that the printcal can't handling more than 6
channels when plots grafs.
I'va attached graf  plot. We can see only 6 curves but not 8 like in ti3
file.
BTW, RGB or CMYK work well. e.g. AMP files was created.

I think that it's little bag.

 BTW attempt of profiling Epson R2400 (CcMmYKlkllk - DYE) InkSet as
>> multichannel is only experiment. Naturally it would be much easier to
>> profile this InkSet as usual CMYK. But further usage of the extremely
>> experimental and non-standard InkSets, like CMYKRGBO (I think) is
>> supposed.
>>

> Note that colprof doesn't handle more than CMYK.
>
> :)
I understand. I'll try like that:
targen multichannel target -> printtarg -> chartread -> convrert ti3 file to
ProfileMaker (PM) format -> PM creates multichannel profile -> converting
foto with Photoshop (PS) -> applying .AMP -> print

If i cannot use printcal's AMP export i'll try that:
target -> printtarg -> chartread -> convrert ti3 file to ProfileMaker (PM)
format -> PM creates multichannel profile -> converting foto by  cctiff with
.cal -> print in (by) PS.

BTW, the question is will have that motions the same results? If so, i'll
continue my experiment. :)

--
Dmitriy Chaplygin.
+7 (495) 979-8412