[argyllcms] Re: Post-editing white and black point of a icc-profile

  • From: Daniel Pfeiffer <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 11:59:38 +0100

Hi,
thanks for the replies and a happy new year!

In Profilemaker Profile-Editor, there is a option to alter the white point
of icc-profiles. Somethimes, this can be useful if a different stock of
paper comes with a slightly more or less yellowish tint without
re-profiling the substrate. To do so, I take a number of readings on the
stock, average the results and enter them as new white-point. This helped
me in the past for some minor substrate-issues.

The other thing i'm thinking about is to reduce the number of patches in
testcharts when profiling substrates like ceramic, glass or textiles.
On objects like bottles, cans or boxes with very little space for printing
charts on, i would prefer to take multiple spot readings on black and
substrate to enter them before or after the profiling process rather than
waste space for redundant b/w patches in a test chart.

Best regards,
Daniel Pfeiffer