[argyllcms] PostScript to TIFF converter for Win32. Help!

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:55:15 +0400

I have tired to search appropriate free software to convert targen *.ps or
*.eps files into the TIFF format. For a half year I can't find the free program
for MS Windows XP that can do the conversion of CMYK *.ps or *.eps to CMYK TIFF.
I have try to use "Ghostscript 8.61" with "GSview 4.9" graphical interface.
This software works nice with an RGB TIFF files, but I have not found any way
to get the CMYK TIFF file from CMYK PostScript file. May be there is a hand
work with command line is needed, but I can't understand how to work with
Ghostscript command line interface.
Many other projects can do the conversion, but not free (as high as $300..$1500)
Now I use Adobe Photoshop 8.0, because the newer version of photoshop can not
"parse the file", either *.ps or *.eps. Moreover, many people havn't Photoshop
at all, but use only MS Windows.

Is there simple *.exe utility, may be command line, that can convert? May be it
usefull to include TIFF export code in targen directly?