[argyllcms] Possible dispwin problem under Mac OS X Lion?

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 15:40:48 +0100

Hi,

[ sidenote: under Lion, I have to use sudo with dispwin even when just loading calibration. But my actual problem lies elsewhere, see below. ]

It seems that dispwin (Argyll 1.3.5) is not working correctly when installing profiles under Lion (e.g. sudo dispwin -v -c -I myprofile.icm). The calibration is loaded into the videocard, so I can see a change visually, but installed profiles never appear in the 'Displays'/'Color' system preference pane or under ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles (or /Library/ColorSync/Profiles if using -Sl), and the profile does not 'stick' after a logout or reboot.

But strangely, the above dispwin commandline seems to change the profile that is active at the login screen (and only there from what I have observed. I tested this by installing a profile that produces a bluish tint via vcgt).

Any idea what's going on? Thanks.

--
Florian Höch