[argyllcms] Re: Possible but in targen v1.6.0

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:27:20 +1000

Joe Tschudi wrote:

Hi,

> I detected something strange with targen CLI of v1.6.0 using following
> string: targen
> -v -d2 -e1 -s8 -g8 -m8 -f0 Argyllxxx After this I used printtarg to export
> and check
> the result: printtarg -v -ii1 -r -t 180 -pA3 Argyllxxx
>
> First of all it creates 515 patches but should only create 512 (8x8x8) and
> secondly

V1.6 added the -B option for black patches, with a default value of 4 for
grey or RGB spaces. So the total is 512 + 3, allowing for the one black patch
of the 8x8x8.

> some patches are randomly set to black and others overwritten by some
> invented (?)
> colors. Find attached comparison files between v1.5.1 (ok in my opinion) and
> v1.6.0
> (not as I would expect).

I think you'll find the patches are as per the .ti1 file, and therefore correct.
Due to the de-duplication of white, black and two sorts of grey patch values,
they
are not in a natural 8x8x8 cube order though. If you want just an 8x8x8 then
turn
the other patch values off:

  targen -d2 -e0 -B0 -m8 -f0 Argyllxxx