[argyllcms] Re: Poor Man's Colorimeter

  • From: Zi Wang <ziwang84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 22:21:59 +0800

Hi,

So I'm starting with an 1000 sample chart just to see what I can get off
the shelf before investing in more complicated solutions.

Since this is an one off job, instead of merging gigabytes of scanned tif
files then creating a cht file with a wacky layout I thought I might just
have a list of RGB and XYZ pairs written down from my chart then mess with
the ti3 file for a bit?

I looked into the ti3 file generated by scanin from my IT8 chart. The
format is quite straightforward but what are STDEV_R STDEV_G STDEV_B?

Cheers,

Zi

On 12 June 2015 at 07:33, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Or even creating my own target if that’s going to help?

This is the only thing that will improve accuracy.

Rough rule of thumb for an RGB or CMY device is that you need about 1000
sample
points for a good profile, and more if you want a high quality profile.
This
is not easy to achieve for input devices.