[argyllcms] Re: Pink tinted cursor?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:34:14 +1100

Denis S wrote:
I've got problem after calibration with Argyll, calibration seems to
work just fine but cursor got some strange pink color. I've attached
small photo to illustrate how cursor look like along with how it look on
theme page.

I'd be a bit surprised if the cursor was actually pink. The usual
problem is that in some systems the cursors are not calibrated or
color managed, so they remain the native screen white point, even
though the rest of the screen has changed color. In contrast to
the screen it may well look pink, even though it hasn't changed.
Try switching between no calibration and calibrated while carefully
watching the cursor, and decide whether it is actually changing color
or not.

Typically there's not much to be done about the color of the cursor,
unless you feel like hunting down the cursor file itself and transforming
it's pixel values. The usual approach to solving this is to
give up on changing the displays white point and use the native
white point instead for calibration.