[argyllcms] Re: Permission denied on USB device

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 08:52:49 +1100

Chris Lilley wrote:
> If the answer is 'use a real distro not a liveCD' then that is fine but I
> would like a "because"
> with it. On the other hand if it is something I did wrong, please advise.

My guess is this: the i1d3 appears an an HID USB, so a default Linux driver
grabs it.
(Exactly which one, I'm not sure). So one of the the things that Argyll/libusb
has to do is to "detach" the default Linux driver, so that libusb can access it.
It's possibly this that is failing. Fiddling with the udev config may be a way
to cure this.