[argyllcms] Re: Perceptual Source Gamut

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 17:23:16 +1000

Bill Birkett wrote:

I made a gamut file from a single TIFF image using the tiffgamut tool. That was easy enough, but no single image contains the complete range of colors used in the collection. How would I make a gamut file from a representative selection of images? Do I need to build a large composite TIFF, or is there an easier way?

That's the most practical way. There are tools for batch processing
raster files (ie. ImageMagick), so you could get something like a
combined overall gamut for a set of images by downsizing the rasters
and then creating a large single raster composed of all the downsized
images.