[argyllcms] Re: Perceptual Source Gamut

  • From: Beisch Clemens <clemens.beisch@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 20:10:56 +0200

Hi Bill,

Am 13.05.2007 um 19:28 schrieb Bill Birkett:

I made a gamut file from a single TIFF image using the tiffgamut tool.
That was easy enough, but no single image contains the complete range of colors used in the collection.

That's true and the reason we are miles away from real "Smart CMMs".
But it would be possible to do if there is sufficient time.
Creating a batch job that makes:
1.      gam file
2.      create the "real gamut mapping" output profile or link profile
3.      converting the image using perceptual (and perhaps CIECAM02)

This would be the "masters choice" of color managing images ;-)
But who has the time to do this with a complete image gallery.

How would I make a gamut file from a representative selection of images?
Do I need to build a large composite TIFF, or is there an easier way?

I think this should be a good idea.
Maybe you end up with 2 or 3 profiles for image classes.
So you don't have to make thousands of profiles with different gamuts.

Best regards,

Clemens Beisch
clemens@xxxxxxxxx

Am Lindenteil Süd 6a