[argyllcms] Re: Perceptual Source Gamut

  • From: Bill Birkett <wbirkett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 13:28:34 -0400

Clemens-

I made a gamut file from a single TIFF image using the tiffgamut tool. That was easy enough, but no single image contains the complete range of colors used in the collection. How would I make a gamut file from a representative selection of images? Do I need to build a large composite TIFF, or is there an easier way?

-Bill

A good solution would be to use the -g flag while profile creation as well as Adobe RGB 1998 source,
but you should do this with a lot of images and this takes a lot of time.
That would give you a feature like a smart cmm.

Best regards,
Clemens Beisch

--

William B. Birkett - <wbirkett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Print Quality Consultant

48799 Meadow Drive, Plymouth, MI 48170 (USA)
Office: (734) 927-4232      FAX: (734) 468-0580
Cell: (734) 516-4790