[argyllcms] Re: Patching profiles with non-D50 illuminants for Absolute Colorimetric

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:00:59 +1000

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:

How would one go about doing this? I've generated printer profiles using measurements made with D50 illuminant and D65 illuminant. The D65 ones give noticeably more pleasing perceptual and rel. col. results, but aren't much use for proofing as they stand. :)

I'm not clear that what you're attempting to do, makes any sense. If you set the white point manually, then it's not really the real absolute, it's some fake value that may or may not match the white you actually have. You are really applying a manual "tweak".

If you measure under D65, then presumably you want to view
under D65, and "absolute" is doing what you want.

Over several years of creating many, many proofing profiles with
Argyll, this is not a functionality that was ever required...