[argyllcms] Re: Paper White

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:52:49 +1100

Amin Gharehchaie wrote:

I see that many manufacturers of paper gives CIE values of the paper whiteness.

How is this measured?

See <http://www.axiphos.com/BrightnessReview.pdf> for a good
explanation of this.

Is it possible to measure in Spotread somehow?

No, I haven't put specialized measurements such as density and
whiteness in there. Whiteness uses a particular narrow band
filter. If you are using the paper for proofing purposes,
then I think that CIE whiteness is not very useful, and
that looking at spectral shape, delta E and level of FWA
is probably a better way to evaluate matches between papers.