[argyllcms] Re: Pantone Color Cue

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:10:38 +1000

regisr wrote:
> I have received an offer about the Pantone Color Cue.
> It can identify colors in sRGB, AdobeRGB, Pantone (of course;-)
> Is it possible/interesting to use it to make an ICC profile instead
> using of a scanner?
> But the problem is that each color patch should be measured and need a
> lot of time and enter the value manually...

If you read the data sheet very closely, you will notice that this
device is not a colorimeter. It will only return you the
nearest Pantone color to the one you are measuring, and
the color coordinates of that Pantone color.

Because it doesn't return the color coordinates of the color
you are measuring, you simply can't use it for profiling.