[argyllcms] Optix DTP94 and Windows 8

  • From: Anthony <ajahn.photoj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:04:46 +0000 (UTC)

Hello to all,

After looking here and there on Internet, managed to install the drivers for my
Optix DPT94 with the Argyll driver set in Windows 8 pro, 64-bit commercial
version. This method *might* work well for similar devices.

The basic idea is outlined here :
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2012/08/06/getting-older-drivers-to-work-in-
windows-8/

What I did :

I modified the inf file for the optix dtp94 furnished with the Argyll driver
set, removing any reference to the catalog security files, saved it as
DTP94_modified.inf with the other Argyll drivers. As an added precaution, I
renamed the catalog files as *.cat.old and the original inf as inf.old.

If you plug in the colorimeter and follow the usual workflow, of course there
will still be a security error.

Follow the instructions as outlined in the aforementioned link (and elsewhere)
to re-boot with the “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” mode.

After boot, plug in the colorimeter, look for the modified inf file and...

it all works! Test in other usb ports, then re-boot. This should, if I
understand, re-activate the driver signing rules.

Test your device again. Mine mounts with no problem.

Hope this might help, and thanks for the great work on Argyll

Anthony