[argyllcms] Re: Optimal colors solid for 3d visualisation

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 10:16:33 +1000

Ivan Tsyba wrote:

> Seems that you right, it has more than 100% reflectance in some
> wavelengths. Is it possible with UV-cut instrument (ColorMunki)?

Yes. Fluorescent materials that emit at longer wavelengths like
green and red are stimulated by visible light. Short wavelength
fluorescent emitters used for whitening paper are stimulated mainly
by UV.

> Is any chance to get gamut of all possible colors of surfaces for my 3d
> visualisation purposes?

I'm not really sure on the way to create such a thing properly,
but in the source code there is gamut/GenVisGam.c that when built
and run creates a VisGamut.gam file. This would be something like
all possible surface colors.