[argyllcms] Optimal color space for an image

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:39:04 -0700

Given a particular image, is there a relatively painless way to calculate the optimal color space for editing?

I'm thinking that, if I'm converting from linear RAW with an Argyll profile, and if I know that the entire gamut of the image fits well within (say) the sRGB colorspace, it probably makes much more sense to convert it directly to sRGB than first to (say) ProPhoto, edit in Photoshop, and then convert it to AdobeRGB to hand to a client.

Cheers,

b&