[argyllcms] Re: [Openicc] Argyl, Ubuntu, Spyder2, please help

  • From: jrle2 <jrle2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:52:27 -0500

Hmm, yes folks I am totally red-faced with embarrassment. The reason Argyll wasn't working for me is because I installed the v60 patch over the v70 installation. Or at least I think I did.

Anyway, a fresh binary installation and everything seems to be working exactly right. I was able to import my last Spyder calibration performed under windows, a couple of months ago:

dispwin -v /usr/local/argyll/Spyderlastwin.icm

And check "existing" (newly imported) calibration:

sudo /usr/local/argyll/bin/dispcal -v -r -y c

resulting in:
Current calibration response:
Black level = 1.07 cd/m^2
White level = 138.11 cd/m^2
Aprox. gamma = 1.95
Contrast ratio = 129:1
White chromaticity coordinates 0.3114, 0.3281
White    Correlated Color Temperature = 6584K, DE to locus =  4.9
White Correlated Daylight Temperature = 6584K, DE to locus =  0.3
White        Visual Color Temperature = 6405K, DE to locus =  4.7
White     Visual Daylight Temperature = 6573K, DE to locus =  0.3
The instrument can be removed from the screen.

Now comes the fun part - figuring out what all this means, how to do a "real" calibration, and how to actually put it to good use when photo-editing.

Thanks so much very much to Lars and Ross and Edmund for responding to my plea for help.

Elle