[argyllcms] Re: Old versions

  • From: Annaël Beauchemin <lecoyote@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 12:53:11 -0400

Hi Graeme,

I think there's either a problem with the i1Pro or Mac OS X, or both with
the newest version (1.8.2) of Argyll.

First, Adaptive mode on the i1pro works fine with 1.6.2, and randomly gives
an error with 1.8.2 : "Instrument Access Failed"

Second, there seems to be a situation where Argyll just hangs forever after
a series of patches.

Here's what I tried:

- "chmod -R 777" and "chown -R root:admin" on Argyll folder
- Disable App Nap using "defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSAppSleepDisabled
-bool YES"
- I don't have X-rite software installed

Note: on the occasion, 1.6.2 will give a "Sample read failed, retrying (1)"
error, but will continue fine.

I'm running OS 10.9.5 on a 2010 iMac 27' (USB 2.0). I'm using Argyll
through Dispcal, but sending the commands directly through the command line
gives the same problems.

Any clue?

Want me to send a debug log?

Thank you!
Annaël

Annaël Beauchemin wrote:

I'm looking for V1.6.0 for OS X.

Hi, a lot of the old versions are still on the website,
although I haven't listed them:

Argyll_V1.4.0_osx10.4_i86_bin.tgz

Argyll_V1.5.1_osx10.4_i86_bin.tgz
Argyll_V1.5.1_osx10.6_x86_64_bin.tgz