[argyllcms] Re: Oddity when saving .sp files from spotread

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 09:49:17 +0000

On 26 October 2015 at 17:13, Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

in other words, you're just measuring system noise

So, it makes sense for the application reading those .sp files to set
any negatives to zero before running through a CMF?

Was the instrument completely shielded from all external light sources when
you did the calibration?

Not properly, no. It was a quick "hold it up to a display"
measurement. I'll indeed check the absolute levels, but at least for
display profiles I get plausible XYZ values.

Richard.