[argyllcms] Re: OT: PDF frustration

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 19:02:03 +1000

Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:
The situation on linux today is that we can create a color managed pdf
files with scribus, but we have now possibility to print it correctly
in linux. Thats sad. I also found out that Kai-Uwe have already bug

I think this reflects the state of understanding of color by typical
software developers. There was a thread on the WxWidgets list a week
or so ago where one user reported a "bug" that drawing on OS X
appeared "wrong" because the pixel values didn't match what
was drawn on MSWindows or Linux. He figured out how to "fix" it
though, by turning off color management on OS X. When I pointed
out that the real problem was that MSWindows and Linux weren't
being color managed properly by his application, he simply thought
I was crazy troublemaker :-)