[argyllcms] [OT] Halftone Dot Shape

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 07:31:56 -0400

Dear list members,

I'm doing an informal survey about which halftone dot shape has gained
widespread acceptance in printing these days? Is it Eucledian or Elliptical?

And what is the current practice when printing portraits and skintone: I
gather that placing the magenta in the angle of the black gives "better"
results. Is there any truth to this? Or is that all taken care by the more
advanced screening techniques such as Irrational Tangent?

I was searching through the SWOP 10th Edition booklet in the hope that it
would have a recommendation on screening but, alas, nothing I could see.

Regards,

Roger Breton  |  Laval, Canada  |  graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pages.infinit.net/graxx