[argyllcms] Re: Nvidia Quadro RAMDAC problems

  • From: lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 13:54:46 +0100

On Wednesday 05 March 2008 14:37:51 Graeme Gill wrote:
> Hmm. I wasn't aware than any currently available cards had 10 bit frame
> buffers!
>
> Any idea what the videoLUT output resolution is ?

I'm sorry, I have no idea. The most I can do is to copy and paste the option
description from the Nvidia Linux driver readme:

Option "Dac8Bit" "boolean"

Most Quadro products by default use a 10-bit color look-up table (LUT);
setting this option to TRUE forces these GPUs to use an 8-bit (LUT).
Default: a 10-bit LUT is used, when available.

> I'll try and go one better by fixing it so that it should work with a 10
> bit frame buffer and 1024 VideoLUT entries. Hard for me to test though ...

Of course I'm at your disposal for testing, just send me an email when you
need.