[argyllcms] Re: Not futzing with the cursor

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 19:01:18 +0100

On 6 May 2010 14:46, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, the cursur is "repositioned" only by doing a return rather
> than a line feed. The output gets flushed (otherwise it wouldn't
> appear reliably), so is there a reason you can't notice the line
> has been updated (ie. don't use something like gets(), use
> something that will notice the return) ?

I'm using a VTE widget to run the argyll commands. This only reports
what the user sees on the window, rather than the specific lines being
flushed to stdout or stderr.

I'm not super keen messing around with the buffers before I launch
argyll commands. There's some sort of unbuffered input code in argyll
tools that plays havoc with any attempts to be clever.

In an ideal world I could set a RUNNING_UNDER_GCM environment variable
and I would get:

status \t 1 \t of \t 7
result \t 14.3 \t 13.2 \t 12.2

i.e. machine parsable output text that doesn't require me to do pretty
crazy string parsing. But I appreciate that's a big ask.

Richard.