[argyllcms] Not futzing with the cursor

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 14:43:27 +0100

GCM currently screenscrapes the argyll output., and as such has no way
of knowing the progress of each command. Running the command with -v
does give us output like "patch 13 of 16" but when the "13" turns to
"14" there is no new output (the cursor is re-positioned) and hence
GCM does not get the updated line, and the progress report fails.

Ideally we could get:

patch 1 of 25\n
patch 2 of 25\n
patch 3 of 25\n

and then we can easily show a progress bar using this data. If there's
a special flag or environment variable we have to pass argyll to not
do the cursor futzing, that would be great. Thanks.

Richard.