[argyllcms] Re: Non-PC display profiling

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 22:41:12 +1100

Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
I have I1 Display LT and I1 Pro instruments. I can do slideshow for 2 seconds
(for
example) between patches on my player. Can I synchronize dispread on my PC with
slideshow on the player without any physical link between they (except display
measuring)? Will be simple time synchronization sufficient? Or may be the
"spacer"
patches technique will be useful?

There are two mechanisms available currently that may let you profile
such devices. If there is some way of sending a test image to a device,
then you might be able to create a script that turns a test color
into a raster and sends it to the device, and the script
can be given to dispread as an argument to -C.

The other option is to somehow turn a chart into a slide show or other
raster sequence, either by processing the .ti2 file, or somehow using
dispwin -m -G, and then reading each patch manually using chartread -p.