[argyllcms] Re: New monitor (LCD) and something went wrong

  • From: man-d <man-d@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 21:51:33 -0400

Le 2010-08-28 14:33, Pascal de Bruijn a écrit :
On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM, man-d<man-d@xxxxxx>  wrote:
Le 2010-08-24 21:42, man-d a écrit :

argyll-targen is that debian specific ?

Yes it is.
It's documented in changelog.Debian and README.Debian files since Argyll
1.0.3-1.

"  Rename /usr/bin/foo to /usr/bin/argyll-foo, for foo in
    {average,refine,targen,verify}, to avoid having binaries with too
    generic names. "

It's a necessity to prevent binary naming collisions with other
packages. Thus far only Debian has had this problem, because it's the
only project that packages _that_ much software in a centrally
organized fashion.

 I was a bit surprised when I invoked targen without debian's prefix. :))
--
man-d