[argyllcms] Re: New display types in the next version of Argyll

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:07:38 +1100

Tom Schumm wrote:
> it comes out). It's a free download from their Dell's site:
>
> http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/dell-u2713h
>
> Presumably, it would include the necessary calibrations. For whatever reason,
> it only works with the i1Display Pro and not other X-Rite devices like the
> Colormunki display.

Hmm. It has all the usual X-Rite instrument drivers, so the
limitation would seem to be in the application.

There are  OLED, Plasma & RG_Phosphor .edr's though,
but no sign of a .edr specifically for BG LED backlight LCD.

The RG_Phosphor .edr has the following comment though:

"Addition of Dell Ultrasharp U2413 to the RG-Phosphor Family EDR".

So it seems that as far as X-Rite is concerned "BG LED" backlight
is equivalent to "RG Phosphor". I'm not sure what that really means.