[argyllcms] Re: New application - ArgyllPRO ColorMeter

  • From: <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 11:50:44 -0000

OK, good - at any rate for the Nexus I have mine on order.

For the wiki, what I can do is to set up a test one and we can see how it
works.  I really see it as supplementing your documentation (which is
excellent, but which can't cover all usage scenarios obviously).

For example, I probably know enough now to produce a fairly basic page on
"Printer Profiling with i1Pro", which would include the required Perl script
to do things like automatically working out the number of A4 or Letter-size
pages, recommend number of patches, optionally ask for a conditioning
profile and so on.  And with a basic explanation of what the script and
commands are doing.  You or another expert user could then correct any
errors / make useful additions, extend the page to cover other instruments
... that sort of thing.

I could also probably produce a page on what is going on in a profiling
workflow - but there are certainly areas that I'm still quite unclear about,
which another user (or you) could fill in.

But there are loads of things that Argyll can do and that I have no idea
about ... but would really like to know about, and which hopefully others
can contribute.

The main issue that I see, from your point of view, is whether or not you
will be prepared to act as the main editor/authority, or whether there is
someone else who knows Argyll really well who could do so (because the one
thing that is not needed is a whole lot of misinformation out there!).

Robert