[argyllcms] Re: Neutralize Grey Axis

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:12:19 +0100

Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
The peoples are demand this for BW printing. I have two troubles with users of
"blue" cheap photopapers. The profiles from Profile Maker works much better for
them. The relative intent in ArgyllCMS profile was unacceptable on bluish papers. I had
return money for profiling.

I wonder why there is a difference for the relative intent as -- acording to the documentation -- PM's gray axis options should only affect the perceptual intent.

BTW: what about the setting the CIECAM white point parameters in colprof (-dw)?

<http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/colprof.html>:
"-d viewcond set output viewing conditions for output profile CIECAM02, gamut mapping either an enumerated choice, or a parameter:value change [...] w:X:Y:Z Adapted white point as XYZ (default media white)
w:x:y         Adapted white point as x, y [...]

Viewing conditions can be specified in two basic ways. One is to select from the list of "pre canned", enumerated viewing conditions, choosing one that is closest to the conditions that are appropriate for the media type and situation. Alternatively, the viewing conditions parameters can be specified individually. If both methods are used, them the chosen enumerated condition will be used as a base, and its parameters will then be individually overridden."

Klaus