[argyllcms] Re: Need help interpretating results of camera profiling

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 17:42:59 -0700

On Jun 20, 2014, at 2:03 AM, Bernard <bdebreil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I will therefore try to do adjust WB and L (L a b) on the exported tiff image
> (in the color working space), not on the raw image in linear RGB absolute
> colorimetrics. But Pascal De bruijn, in his topic on camera color profiling
> from june 2010 using Darktable and Argyll, states that WB and Lightness of
> the brightest spot should be done prior to exporting

As I describe here:

http://trumpetpower.com/photos/Exposure

you want a two-step process.

First, you create a matrix profile from a linear, gamma 1.0, UNIWB development
of the RAW file. You then query that profile to find the white point; you tell
your RAW developer to use that as your white point and, in so doing, normalize
white balance and exposure both at the same time. Finally, you develop the RAW
file with that white point and whatever other parameters you want, and generate
your profile from that development.

Cheers,

b&