[argyllcms] Re: Need help interpretating results of camera profiling

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 16:40:46 -0700

On Jun 11, 2014, at 7:48 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bernard wrote:
>
>> Willing to process RAW images from my Canon EOS 600 without having to use
>> proprietary
>> software under MSWIN, I have attempted to generate an icc profile.
>
> Hi,
>       Ben Goren is perhaps more of an expert in this area.

...I guess that's my cue?

I haven't tried to do anything with Windows, so I might not be an ideal source.
However, I have a too-long and slightly outdated document here:

http://www.trumpetpower.com/photos/Exposure

that both describes conceptually how everything works and lays out a workflow
that can be adopted to dcraw (the original free raw development software) and
anything that traces its ancestry to it.

I've almost got all the pieces assembled for what I'm hoping to be a much
better way of profiling cameras, but I don't want to get ahead of myself until
I know for sure that it works and actually *is* better. "Stay tuned," as they
say....

Cheers,

b&