[argyllcms] Need help

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 15:36:40 -0500

I calibrated my monitor and printer a while ago, and I have to do it
over again.  But, of course I've forgotten how to do everything.  So
please excuse me if I ask some really stupid questions.

I am working under Fedora Linux 14.  (I need to upgrade to Fedora 16,
but I've been putting it off while I learn how to deal with Gnome 3 on a
different computer running Fedora 15.)  It has the Fedora package
argyllcms-1.1.0-0.1.20100201git.fc13.x86_64
which is presumably out of date.

I have a Samsung EL 20 LED monitor

When I run
dispcal -yl -r (or -R)
I get
dispcal: Error - icoms - set_ser_port: port number out of range!

What does that mean?

dispwin
produces the following output with what appears on the screen consistent
with them.

Setting White
Setting 75% Grey
Setting 50% Grey
Setting 25% Grey
Setting 12.5% Grey
Setting Black
Setting Red
Setting Green
Setting Blue
Setting Cyan
Setting Magenta
Setting Yellow
Darkening screen
Lightening screen
Restoring screen
Normal beep
Good beep
Bad double beep

--
Leonard Evens len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University