[argyllcms] Re: Native white point

  • From: "Gerhard Fürnkranz" <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:01:27 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:51:46 +1100
> Von: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> An: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [argyllcms] Re: Native white point

> Changing the white point using the LCD panel will
> typically compromise the number of steps the display
> is capable of displaying

Graeme, btw. as this comes into my mind again now: For the reason you mentioned
above, it may possibly be also interesting to find a white point location with
minimum distance from [255,255,255] in _RGB space_, which is still located on
either the daylight or blackbody locus.

My feeling is that "dispcal -t <temp> ..." (where <temp> is the temperature
reported by "dispcal -R ...") seems to compromise more RGB steps than necessary
for obtaining a WP located on the daylight or blackbody locus.

Regards,
Gerhard