[argyllcms] Re: My DTP-22 speaks a different dialect

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 00:15:51 +1100

Nigel Rowe wrote:

Got fatal error 'Communication protocol breakdown' (No error)

Hmmmm.... a fatal no error????

There's two parts to an icoms error code, the generic code
(Communication protocol breakdown), and the underlying instrument
specific code, if any. If the error comes from the driver,
then of course there is no corresponding device error. (No Error)

Further investigation showed the code expected the read data in the form
(line breaks added for clarity).

 X 12.34 Y 23.45 Z 34.56
 S 45.67
 S 56.78
etc.

While mine produced data in the form

 X 12.34 Y 23.45 Z 34.56
SPECTRAL DATA
w 400.0 S 45.67
w 410.0 S 56.78
etc.

According to some of the information from X-Rite, they made quite
a number of subtly different DTP22's. At least the one you have
has the same unlock code !

Assuming (yes, I know) the presence of line "SPECTRAL DATA" is sufficient to distinguish between the dialects, I offer the attached patch. It should cope with both dialects. I have no way of testing both, but it works for me. (Also fixes a typo in spotread.c)

I'll incorporate your change, and give it a test on my DTP22.

thanks,