[argyllcms] Re: More questions about monitors

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 12:01:54 +1100

Leonard Evens wrote:
I find the idea of a monitor with an LED light source very attractive,
and I am seriously considering getting the Samsung XL20, if I can

One possible drawback of such technology, is the matching of
the R/G/B LEDs output at different white point adjustments,
the evenness of mixing of the three colors,
and the spacial illumination evenness. If the manufacturer
doesn't take appropriate care over these issues, the results
might be disappointing. There seems to be some unhappiness
with the HP Dreamcolor display for instance.