[argyllcms] Re: More on instrument access

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:37:18 +1100

Leonard Evens wrote:
As to whether or not Linux is difficult, I haven't found it to be.  In
most cases, everything just works.  And in cases where it doesn't work,
there is almost always enough information available to find a solution.

Compared to MSWindows and OS X, Linux is by far the hardest to use
USB instruments with, because of the permission problems.

I think the solution I ultimately came up with will work with any Linux
with a recent kernel.

Without actually testing it on a range of recent distributions,
I have grave doubts about this.