[argyllcms] Re: More on instrument access

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 00:01:03 +1100

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
The autopackage group disagrees with most every distribution out there
and has unsurprisingly seen little traction (be it in users or
developpers) in all the years it existed. Don't go there it's not been
a huge market success (IIRC it predates Ubuntu, and got from nowhere
to nowhere in more time Ubuntu got from nowhere to high visibility)

I've looked into it, and they seem to have hit the nail on
the head from my perspective.

You're not a customer.

But I am a "customer" of the Linux platform, since I write
and support an application that runs on it. It adds value
to Linux. Just ask my "customers".

Then why do you want them to turn their world upside-down by having
your app follow different conventions than the rest of their system ?

Because I want it to run on more than one distribution or
platform.