[argyllcms] Re: More direct method of measuring FWA?

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <profiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 20:49:21 +0100

Hi,

On 23/07/10 13:44, Ben Goren wrote:

If I may suggest? Everybody interested in this topic should find a Tyvek
envelope and compare it with some
cheap bright-white office paper under direct outdoor sunlight and then a
60-watt incandescent bulb.
> Tyvek is almost as good as PTFE as a 99%+ flat-spectrum reflector. Most CD envelopes are made of Tyvek,
> and you can get a pack of Tyvek mailers at any office supply store.

You obviously buy a higher class of CD wallet than I do! I've just looked through the couple of dozen or so I have here and precisely one is made of Tyvek. I did borrow a sheet from work the other day, though, to do the whole bounce-your-room-light-and-read-with-an-eye-one-in-emissive-mode thing. I was hunting for the cause of slightly jaundiced skin-tones on inkjet prints, and with the aid of the custom spectrum captured that way was able to improve the situation for my lighting. The trick is to find that magic balance - my goal's not "Perfect under one very specific lighting", it's "looks OK under all but the most bizarre lighting"!

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson