[argyllcms] Re: Monitor calibration: blue turns purple

  • From: Federico Cozzi <f.cozzi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 22:46:57 +0100

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As always, some careful detective work is needed to track
> down the source of such problems. Is it the instrument ?
> Is it the profile ? Is it the workflow ? Is it some element
> in the workflow ?

Wow,
thanks for the answer!
I am afraid I need to study color management in more detail in order
to understand it...

My workflow is basic: I've got a few sRGB pictures and would like to
display them with Windows 7 integrated picture viewer, or Picasa (they
both support Color Management). If I turn color management off, I can
display them (sort of). When I turn color management on, blue turns
purple.

How should I start analyzing this problem?

Thanks
Federico