[argyllcms] Re: Monitor calibration

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 23:04:42 -0500

I know 80 may sound shocking but I am suprised by the range of low luminances
that works in a direct screen to proof match, as long as one has a dimmable
viewing booth.

Calibration is about setting a device in a "known state". The job of standard
is to find common grounds for everybody to use. I work in a large publications
printing environment and you'd be surprised what we're getting away with...

Roger