[argyllcms] Re: Misc questions about color management

  • From: Milan Knizek <knizek@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:29:55 +0100

On Thursday 16 March 2006 10:56, Frédéric wrote:

> 3) How do I "tag" a jpeg or tiff file with a specified colorspace ? Where
> is this information stored ? EXIF "colorspace" field for jpeg ?

I think this one remained unanswered. If you mean how to assign a icc profile
to a certain image and then store this profile in the metainfo of the jpeg or
tiff file, you could certainly use imagemagick tools.

"convert no_icc_profile.jpeg -profile sRGB.icm with_icc_profile.jpeg" would
assign and embedd the ICM profile stored in sRGB.icm file (you must have it)

"identify -verbose image.jpeg" will tell you what metainfo is embedded in the
image file.

or check out
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php#profile to know
more.

There are certainly other tools providing the same functionality.

--
Milan Knizek
knizek (na) volny (tecka) cz