[argyllcms] Re: Misc questions about argyllcms tools

  • From: Frédéric <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:34:17 +0100

On Dimanche 05 Février 2006 10:36, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Yes, spotread will work with all the instruments.

Here is what I obtain:

$ spotread -i92
About to init the comms
Established comms
About to init the instrument
Need reflection spot reading capability,
and instrument doesn't support it

> If you follow the recommended sequence and use the .cal file as
> an input to printread, and then used the resulting .ti3 with profile,
> it will end up as a tag in the ICC profile.
>
> Look for a program called xcalib by Stefan Doehla. You might have some
> issues again with your multiple monitor setup though.

Ok, xcalib works fine to load the vcgt tag. In my dual screen config, all
screens are affected, but it is not a problem. In fact, as my iiyama
screen is very linear, the modification remains small.

Thanks,

PS: Do you know if a debian package exists for argyllcms project ? If not,
I can ask a friend if he could make one...

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org