[argyllcms] Mini color checker WAS: Generated camera profile too bright

  • From: "Andreas F.X. Siegert" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:10:35 +0200

On 03.04.2012 09:00, Graeme Gill wrote:
> Maybe there's something about how your workflow converts
> from RAW to .tiff that is a problem ? Maybe it's not scaling
> the RAW numbers to the full 16 bit .tiff range ?

That turns out to be the case, AS currently has a bug here where 14bits
are just put into 16...

Ok, so using an exposure boost of two stops in linear should do it....

But, at http://afximages.com/tmp/argyll
I have two NEFs:
_AFX9383.NEF
from this I can generate a profile easily everything is fine and dandy
(not that think the profile is perfect, but it shows that the process works)
and then _AFX9580.NEF
scanin will only accept this when it is overexposed which of course
leads to a dark profile....

Why?
Could it be that I am too optimistic with my attempts to use the
Colorchecker reference files for a mini color checker?

thx
afx

--
http://afximages.com/