[argyllcms] Re: Merging in libusb1 changes

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 10:30:21 +1000

Richard Hughes wrote:
> the new maintaining roles. Is there any chance you could perhaps look
> into forwarding the patches against libusb1 to the new people? It
> would make my life as a distributor of Argyllcms much much easier.

Hi Richard,
        no, there's no chance of that, since the "new" people
are the ones who aren't interested in my changes. The "old"
people were more receptive. In fact I find that certain
individuals involved in libusbx make it a hostile enough
environment that I'm not interested in contributing
to their project in any way.

In any case, I'm 95% certain that libusb1/libusbx won't work
with all instruments supported by Argyll, and it would
therefore need extensive testing and some bugfixing. I
simply don't have the time and energy for that.

If I ever do find the time and energy, I'm more
likely to direct it at a different usb library.