[argyllcms] Re: Measuring a Metairie target?

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 15:12:06 -0700

Thanks, Edmund, but I had kinda assumed that that was going to be the general plan. However, I'm sure I'll be using Argyll's spotread or the like to produce the reference files instead of the X-rite software, and how to get the results into the proper format is really the big question.

What DVDs are you referring to? You probably have me confused with somebody else, as (best I know) I'm not famous for any DVDs....

Cheers,

b&

On 2009 Sep 1, at 2:48 PM, edmund ronald wrote:

drag out your i1 pro, load up measure tool from the Xrite site, and I
guess you just measure the fields one by one. What use that is is a
different matter and depends on what software you use afterwards.

BTW, I once had some DVDs by you, and they were superb.

Edmund

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Ben Goren<ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have one of the Metairie targets that I got quite a while ago...and have yet to actually use. (When I got it I had just finished doing a lot of
reproduction photography and was anticipating doing much more of the
same...and it's only now that I've actually got some coming up.)

Anyway, I have the target, but no files associated with it. What must I do
to measure it with my i1 Pro so I can use it for profiling?

Thanks,

b&